Are you down with leftover mozzarella sticks, or are you worried about how to reheat mozzarella sticks? Calm down, and don’t be confused and heartbroken because you are not alone. However, there are several ways to reheat mozzarella sticks to get the same yummy and crunchy sticks you always dream about.
So, the best way to reheat mozzarella sticks includes the Oven, skillet, the air fryer, and the microwave. Continue reading while we give you more details on this option and the best one to give you good results. Let’s get started!
How to Reheat Mozzarella Sticks
It is essential to know that while reheating mozzarella sticks, your chosen technique’s effectiveness will determine the result’s quality. However, depending on your preferences and available resources, you can opt for the following techniques.
1. Reheating in the Oven
A traditional, conventional Oven works perfectly to bring life back to leftover mozzarella sticks. You an warm the mozzarella sticks in the Oven for 5 to 10 minutes – allow double the time for frozen sticks. Then remove from the Oven and serve immediately.
It just takes a while to preheat the Oven and to heat them through. But the outcome is much better tasting than the microwave.
Here is how to reheat mozzarella sticks in the Oven:
1. Preheat your Oven to 400°F or 450°F for frozen mozzarella sticks.
2. Lightly coat the mozzarella sticks with oil (optional).
3. Place the mozzarella sticks on a wire rack, oven tray, or baking sheet, in which case you need to turn them halfway through heating. Make sure not to overcrowd it.
4. Reheat the mozzarella sticks for 5-10 minutes or 10-20 for frozen ones.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy.
However, when using a toaster oven, the sticks will be closer to the heat source and warm quickly. Using a wire rack in the Oven is best because it allows air to circulate the sticks, keeping the interior and exterior crispy.
However, the Oven is one of the better options for reheating mozzarella. It is swift and won’t affect the taste, and your mozzarella will come out crispy but not as crunchy as the day before.
2. Reheating by Air Fryer
Using air fryer is the best way to reheat mozzarella sticks. Mozzarella sticks are deep-fried or cooked in the air fryer to guarantee their crispiness and not alter their taste or look. However, the process is easy, quick, and mess-free.
Also, it is the most straightforward on how to reheat mozzarella sticks to get the yummy mozzarella sticks with a fresh and crunchy taste.
Here’s how to reheat mozzarella sticks in the air fryer.
1. Preheat the air fryer between 375°F- 400⁰F.
2. Spray each mozzarella stick with oil. This step is optional.
3. Arrange the mozzarella sticks on the tray or basket and avoid placing them on top of each other but leave a small space between them.
4. Allow them to heat for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. If you use frozen mozzarella sticks, let them heat for 8-10 minutes.
6. Remember to flip them from time to time.
However, more significant portions may require a longer cooking time, and the size of the mozzarella sticks will also have an impact, so some adjustment is needed here.
When using air fliers, it is vital to space them out to allow air circulation to cook evenly. Oil is optional but helps to have a crispy stick, but if you have previously fried your mozzarella sticks, there is no need to add oil.
So, an air flyer is a good option for reheating mozzarella sticks because its taste and texture will remain the same, and it will come out fresh, crunchy, and crispy. The only problem is that you will reheat it one at a time, with no overcrowding, for the best result.
3. How to Reheat Mozzarella Sticks in A Deep Fryer:
1. In a deep fryer or a pan suitable for shallow frying, preheat your oil to 350-375°F.
2. Place one mozzarella stick in the oil to test the heat and time and fry for 30 – 45 seconds and 2 minutes for frozen mozzarella sticks.
3. You can adjust the time and temperature if you don’t like the outcome, and do not overcrowd the pot.
4. Flip the mozzarella sticks halfway through heating while shallow frying.
5. Rest the sticks on a paper towel for 60 seconds to remove excess oil, serve and enjoy.
The method works best using a thermometer to measure the oil temperature. However, this method indeed produces a crunchy coating, but it requires much effort. Also, it will add excess oil to the mozzarella stick, affecting the taste.
4. How to Reheat Mozzarella Sticks in The Skillet
Reheating in the skillet is another option on how to reheating mozzarella sticks; it is quick, easy, and very efficient and gives a good result.
Here’s how to reheat mozzarella sticks in a skillet.
1. Heat a shallow pan or skillet over the stove on low to medium heat.
2. Add a bit of oil to the skillet.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the mozzarella sticks to it.
4. The sticks should sizzle when you place them in the skillet.
5. Heat the mozzarella sticks for 3-4 minutes, flipping them and then heating them on the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Once the mozzarella sticks are heated through, let them rest on paper towels so that the excess oil drains off.
This method is simple, easy, and quick, but keep your eye on the mozzarella stick to avoid burning. Also, the excess oil can make the sticks messy and greasy. However, when using a skillet to reheat mozzarella sticks, cook with low heat outside to cook while leaving the inside undone.
So, this method also needs a thermometer to check the oil temperature.
5. Reheating in the Microwave
Reheating your mozzarella sticks with a microwave should be your last option unless you are in a hurry to reheat your sticks or don’t have the other techniques mentioned above.
Here’s how to reheat mozzarella sticks in the microwave.
1. Place the mozzarella sticks in one layer on a microwave-safe dish, side by side, do not overcrowd them.
2. Place a plate into the microwave for one to four sticks and heat them for 25 seconds.
3. Flip the sticks and microwave them at 10-second intervals until warm but be sure not to overheat them.
4. Cut one or two open in the middle to check the cheese. If they’re still cold, heat them for another 15 seconds.
5 Serve and enjoy. Yummy right?
The process is swift and easy but will not end up with crunchy mozzarella sticks; instead, it will produce a limp and soggy mozzarella. Also, it will affect the taste of the mozzarella sticks.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Can You Freeze Mozzarella Sticks?
While string cheese doesn’t technically need to be refrigerated, storing it in the fridge is a good idea. Freezing mozzarella will help keep it fresh and prevent bacteria from growing. Mozzarella sticks freeze well. So, you can freeze them for up to three to six months.
Also, please keep them in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn. You can also cook them straight without thawing them for a perfect and quick snack.
How to Freeze Mozzarella Sticks Perfectly:
1. Set a cookie sheet with parchment paper (to avoid sticking).
2. Place the mozzarella sticks on the tray in a single layer.
3. Put the tray in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until the mozzarella sticks are frozen solid.
4. Once frozen, move the sticks to a freezer bag.
5. Remove excess air from the bag by squeezing it out.
6. Freeze the mozzarella sticks for up to six months.
The first three steps are what’s known as flash freezing. Flash freezing means you can keep all the mozzarella sticks in one bag without worrying about them sticking together. If you don’t want to flash-freeze the sticks, use parchment paper or plastic wrap to separate them.
Removing the air from the freezer bag is very vital in preventing freezer burn. You can squeeze it out or use a straw to suck it out. But the most effective method is to dunk the open freezer bag in water to remove all the air.
How To Reheat Frozen Mozzarella Sticks.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (conventional Oven to 400°F).
2. Remove mozzarella sticks from the package.
3. Place frozen mozzarella sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Place in Oven and cook for 9-11 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Avoid overheating because it may cause cheese loss.
5. Remove the product from Oven.
6. Allow the product to cool, serve and enjoy.
I Hope we have cleared your confusion, and you are happy now that you know how to reheat mozzarella sticks, and you will not dream of trashing your leftover anymore. Choose any techniques you love best, and you are good to go.